Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Spencer and his Salsey

When I brought the Chis home, I got them a really awesome snuggle toy. What's better than a big, soft, fuzzy toy to snuggle with when you are a tiny, naked puppy?!

The toy is called a Salsa, and it's made by West Paw. The name evolved into "Salsey" instead of Salsa.

Baxter never did get a salsa. He got a fuzzy, blue chicken toy but he was never as obsessed with it as the littles were.

Penny used to drag hers everywhere, and it is bigger than she is even now (Not that hard, when you're a Chi!) However, since she has this issue with sucking on toys, I had to amputate Salsa's leg and then I revoked toy privileges with him.





Spencer LOVES toys. He loved his little blue Salsey into pieces over the past 5 years. 3 pieces means more to love right?!





While I was out shopping for new dog toys I also bought him a new Salsey for his birthday this year! Still the little one, so not as big as Penny's.

He was pretty excited for it for these pictures ...




However, since I also bought a fun pink Boogey, he doesn't get new Salsey just yet ...


What, these aren't for me?!?

I really like these toys because of how well they stand up to my admittedly not very destructive dogs. It took 5 years for Spencer to rip him into 3 pieces! The nice thing with the toy is that despite being soft and fuzzy, it is not stuffed, so nothing for the toy destroyers to pull out. It also has a few squeakers in it (more bang for your buck.) The downside is that this toy is not exactly inexpensive @ $25 for the little Salsa - depending where you buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment