Thursday, August 24, 2017

First Trial!

Nike & I

I'm very happy with Nike's first trial. We had fun and started and finished the courses together. I entered this trial to gather information and that was a success.

We only entered a Starters Jumpers run on the first day and a Starter Gamblers followed by Starters Jumpers on the second day.

Nerve wracking! First run she was AMPED. It was cool still in the morning and she just watched a dog run and very much wanted to chase the BC's at the warm-up jumps. Just taking the leash and collar off is hard sometimes.

Had a bit of a bobble/weirdness where she pushed behind the tunnel instead of taking it but she didn't realize she was wrong. The rest of the run was gorgeous and fast. 23 seconds. Speedy girl.



Gamblers was FEO. My goal there was to reward contacts on each new piece of equipment. She hit her contacts. Frame and Teeter were great! DW she was worried on. I need to run faster and figure out the sweet spot to support a jump but not push her off - but she did nail the main gamble and there was a good chance of carrying out past that second jump, so coming in on it and paying attention to me was fantastic.


After Gamble it was hot. We went for a swim in the canal after, but it was still HOT and little Miss does not like to work in the heat. I was also slow and tired, running on 3 hours of sleep. We didn't warm up at the jumps (they were put away) before our run. Whatever the reason we were more disconnected on her last jumpers. She wasn't precisely slow, but on a easy course that should have been fine she flanked out around 4 jumps and didn't really want to play. We started well, ended well but the middle was a bit of a miss.

I'm happy with how I dealt with it though and we just ran through and finished up. She stuck with me and didn't disappear off sniffing.

I could probably cheer lead less, but hey, I was happy!

She played the game for me and to do that in a super distracting environment for a baby who is still maturing and developing focus is awesome.

Pretty baby!
Looking back to Spencer's First Trial I find it somewhat amusing that these posts are very similar!

No comments:

Post a Comment