Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fabulous Flea

After not getting a puppy from the litter that I was (sort of) on the list for, I've been in a bit of a panic about dogs and agility.

I really want a puppy to teach all sorts of new stuff to. AND I want a puppy to start bringing along to be an agility performance dog as well. Baxter is getting older, Spencer has his issues. Even if I brought a puppy home tomorrow it's 18 months to 2 years before that puppy could potentially trial and lets face it, I don't know if both my boys (possibly EITHER of my boys) will still be competing then. I want a dog who wants to play the game with me!

I often ask a friend of mine about various sport type breeders while researching. She's been in the dog game a while now. Her Mom breeds, she breeds, she also plays sports and has lived out east. Long story short, she's got a lovely little Jack Russel Terrier who would be a good agility dog and has great structure that she isn't going to have time to train and run in agility. But she knows I was looking for a puppy and wondered if I'd be interested in playing with her.



It's a little weird training a dog you don't live with. The plus side is that Flea already is an adult, and has some foundation on her plus has other sport background already too. It'll take a little longer to get to competition ready, but half the fun is the journey (and I can re-learn how I want to teach things to a puppy - BEFORE I have that puppy!!)

She's such a fun little dog to play with! So far I really do like "terrorists" though she is quite mellow compared to most. I love how she bounces, can bend like she's made of rubber and has attitude. Not much hurts her feelings, which is a nice change! She's also the "right" height. Measuring about 13.5" which will put her into the 16" Regular category in AAC.

Good girly sitting like a dork!

No comments:

Post a Comment