Thursday, June 18, 2015

Alas...

... So cute, but not meant to be.

But, before we go back to our regularly scheduled program and I finally post the Regionals review (waiting on pictures-Regionals went really well);

Not my picture!  Nor, sadly, my puppy. Though I did try!

He would have fit the name I have picked out so well too!

More waiting ...
... C'mon 6-July-2015, and please let the numbers and sexs/colors work out for me!


Oh?! Did I mention? I've been looking for a prospective performance puppy. I have a couple of possibilities in mind. This one just cropped up, but he would have been a little larger than I was hoping for. Still, gorgeous, mis-marked, "gay" tail and all!

Non dog people are not so supportive of my desire for a puppy.

Funny though, I've never heard anyone comment to a pregnant woman "What did you need another kid for?" or "Why are you having another baby?" yet, I get that with the dogs. - Yes, I know, dogs are not children. Yet, they still take up a similar amount of your time. AND if you have multiples, obviously the time that you spend with each as an individual is going to be reduced since you split it between them. That is the point I'm trying to make.

"Who will you retire?" - Well, in the 2 years it will take for the new puppy to theoretically be ready to compete I think Baxter will be done running. Maybe he is just sore this year and with our new conditioning program that will go away. But he's 17lbs running on 6 inch tall legs with both legs turning out on his front end. He isn't going to have a long career, even if I've only ever jumped him 6" and I will not continue to run him until he is crippled, ruined and in constant pain even when we're not playing agility.

Or possibly Spencer with his stress issues and the luxating patella.

Or hey, maybe both?!?!

Who knows. Talk to me in 2 years.

"You only have 2 hands" - Yep, sure do. What was the point you were trying to make with this one?!

"Will you even have time for your other dogs with a new puppy???" - Um. Yes?!? Here, lets look at it this way;

My 3 dogs get more attention, training and exercise than your one dog gets - scary, I know. Adding a puppy will absolutely take some time away from the other 3. Especially during the critical socialization and learning period for the puppy when they have to come first- but then I will continue to do what I do now, except with 4 dogs. While that puppy is a priority, I'LL be the one getting the short end of the stick, the dogs will still get their attention, walks and play time. I'LL just be getting a little less sleep!

But for now, none of this is a reality.

So. Fingers crossed that it'll become one and while I did not get the pictured puppy above that I "wanted" I will end up with the puppy I "need" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment