Friday, May 31, 2013

Fun in the Sun - Part 2

I meant to post this in a more timely fashion, but was interrupted with Baxter's ATChC and then life in general. Dog training stuff, yard stuff, selling the house stuff. There is just too much stuff and not quite enough time for it all.

Also. AAC Regional Championships are a week away. Holy cow, just 1 week. This will be our first Regionals and since I don't get to go away for a weekend without the 3 dogs coming with me, I entered Spencer as well as Baxter. I'll be there, he'll be there. Why not, right? Except for the flock of giant butterflies that have taken up residence in my stomach now that the date is fast approaching.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled program of our awesome pre-May Long camping in the Pass...




After hiking in the hot sun with the dogs following along like a gaggle of tired ducklings after a mama duck, we went to Surveyors Lake. To go swimming. In May. AND it was warm enough!!














Sadly, he's not just fur like some fluffy dogs! There is a lot of dog under that fur. 

















Princess's do not swim ...






I love that my little dogs will swim! Or at least Baxter and Spencer will. Penny wades. In my immediate family there are 5 other small dogs of various non-shedding fluff mixes. None will willingly swim. The boys being ball/toy crazy *may* have something to do with it, but I still love it.












Must kill Holee!

Poor Spencer. Yellow Ball is hard to pick up in the water and he dunked himself under trying to get it in his mouth. Red Holee doesn't float so that's no good either. So now we've got a amphibious bumper to try. Hopefully it's easier to pick up since I want him to keep swimming to help with his leg.

Dirty, happy dogs at the beach
















No comments:

Post a Comment