Friday, March 6, 2015

Spring has Sprung

The grass has ris, and the dogs are covered in muck!

















Ahh yes, spring, the season of REALLY dirty dogs. (Not particularly dirty in these pictures, but poor Baxter is just covered in burrs.)

Officially "spring" is still a few weeks away, but the longer days and the warmer temperatures make it seem like it's here now. 11°C?! Awesome, don't mind if I do! It's especially nice that it's still light out after I get home from work and can go do something with the dogs who are bouncing off the walls.

In the winter, we're all of the same opinion. Dark is time to sleep. Now that the days are longer the dogs are bonkers. Very cute, but crazy!

So much crazy!




















This spring is going much better than it was last year. The dogs and I are so much happier. We've kept up on Agility practice through the winter. I LOVE working handling drills with them and I'm super happy with the barn rental group that I practice with.

We've got our first trial of the year coming up in a couple weeks. The March St. Pawddy's Day Trial put on by Training Troop. Super excited to see how the boys do!

I've also started teaching foundation agility classes with 2 Paws Up a local positive reinforcement school. It is so much fun! Love all the puppies and the young teams just starting to learn the game. So many talented teams! I want to steal the puppies as well, or have my own to start training. It seems to be the season of Puppy Fever, not Spring Fever.


Tiny, but sadly not a puppy. OMG, puppies!!


























I do need another sport dog prospect, Baxter is already 7 and Spencer just turned 4. With the assortment of issues I have between those 2 I am really ready for a competitive agility prospect puppy! After the failed attempt at a "puppy" this fall who had with behavioral issues and caused a lot of headache and heartache with Spencer and in general, I'm set on a baby puppy that comes without ingrained bad habits.

Still a crazy, even at 7. 

Extra crazy, bad little black dog!

So. We shall see. By the end of this year hopefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment